Wednesday, December 3, 2008

The Eagle Has Landed (in a nest)

I don't know why this gives me such an unbelievable thrill, but this morning on my drive to work, I saw a huge bald eagle soaring overhead. I'm lucky I didn't wreck the car in my excitement. I love birds of prey, but especially bald eagles. It was so big! Then it flew into the top of a tree, onto a gigantic nest. Yes, there is a giant eagle's nest right there along the Potomac. The neat thing was seeing our national bird, and then across the river, seeing the great landmarks of DC. Naw. Forget the landmarks...it's all about the eagle. A truly is a beautiful creature. Damn!

1 comment:

A Girl From Texas said...

There is an eagle's nest at Kennedy Space Center and it's been there for years and years. They estimate that it weights 200 lbs. The eagles come back each year to it, which is amazing. I guess they are not bothered by the Shuttle lift offs.