Saturday, June 7, 2008

Anticipation

H and I hit the ground running this morning. We have so much to do before we leave for Scotland. We had a nice unhealthy breakfast at McDonalds (an Egg McMuffin isn't THAT unhealthy, is it?), then he took me over to the church so I could do the flower arrangements for the altar, and we stopped at the pet specialty store to pick up several cases of dog food for Kira while she's at the Doggy Spa during our trip. All this by 10:30. Then while H got his hair cut, I finished writing the newsletter for my needlepoint guild and e-mailed it. Off we went to Staples so I could make copies of the newsletter for members who don't have e-mail. To the auto store. To REI for new little bottles for shampoo and such. To Starbucks for something cold to drink. To the groc for dinner fixings. Back home to get some stuff done here. It's now getting close to midnight, and I'm really tired. There is so much to do, and, despite all we did today, I don't feel like I'm getting anywhere. Stressful. Add to that the stress from trying to get everything organized at my office.

The nice thing is this: I know that, when I get packed and we start out the door on our way to the airport, all the stress will lift. It's like magic. I won't even give a thought to the office. My friend, Dorothy, will stay at the house and take care of the kitties and plants and all, so I don't have to worry about any of that.

This trip to Scotland is really going to be a vacation. I'm taking my paints. I want to do some little paintings of the north sea, and St Andrews, and maybe try my hand at the architecture. I'm taking "The Kite Runner" for reading. And a couple of very small stitching pieces. I'll have my i-Pod for comfort. My camera for capturing the beauty of it all. Do I need my PDA? Not if I don't plan to give a thought to the office.

This is kind of a rambling stream-of-conscious entry... it really is time for a vacation.

2 comments:

A Girl From Texas said...

What day are you leaving?

A Girl From Texas said...

The goodies arrived..... Have you left already? I suppose you have...Have fun.