Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Horoscope

My horoscope for today says:

Do you remember how you spent the day yesterday? Write it down and give it a good look – this is a portrait of your life. A realization will come out of this exercise that improves your tomorrows.

OK, so here goes…

I got up early, made the bed and got ready for work. I made sure the house was neat and surfaces uncluttered so my wonderful cleaning lady could have an easier time of cleaning the house. I got to work a little earlier than usual and spent the day clearing out files, organizing papers, catching up on ministerial stuff. It was not a difficult day, but I was glad when it was over. Went home and let the dog out, said hi and bye to my son and his friend from the UK, and went to a friend’s house to play with beads (make jewelry) and have dinner. At around 8:00, I went home, ran into a neighbor and talked for half an hour, spend another half an hour talking to my son and his friends and laughing at the dog’s antics. Then they left and I went into the house to clean the kitchen, empty the dishwasher, relax, stitch, and watch a couple of NCIS episodes, with the cat and dog very relaxed at my feet. A hot bubble bath and a couple of chapters of Sookie Stackhouse novel #8, and to bed by midnight. It was a good day. But was it a portrait of my life? Possibly. But it sounds awfully droll.

So what is the realization that comes out of this exercise to improve my tomorrows? Well, I’d say it is perhaps the thought that I’ve had a long time: I’d love to retire early, spend my days in creativity, and maybe start a business along the way. Ain’t gonna happen any time soon. Too many debts to pay off at this point in my life. But maybe it’s a goal.

No comments: