Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Another Reason Why H is my Favorite Husband

I married a really nice guy, worthy of being anyone's favorite husband, but lucky for me, he's mine. Among the myriad reasons he should be anyone's favorite is this thoughtful thing he did while I was in Houston: Knowing that I like to do the Washington Post Sudoku puzzle every day, H saved every one of them for me so I could do them when I returned. They were neatly stacked on the dishwasher when I came home last Sunday. And now when I sit on the front porch with my glass of wine and Kira beside me in the evenings, waiting for H to come home (I get home before he does), I have a nice pile of Sudokus that I can work through. The easy ones go really fast, which is good because sometimes I work for days on the hard ones. I really love the Samari Sudoku in the Sunday comic section. I have saved every one of those since they started a couple of years ago. I photocopy that one, enlarging it for easier reading, and keep the original. Anyway, H is a nice hub.

I'm nice to him, too, you know. This weekend, I did not prevent him from buying a used motorcycle. I don't like the idea of it, but hey, it seems to be a midlife crisis...wait a minute! He already had a midlife crisis when he bought the BAT (big assed truck), a 2500 Dodge Ram. I remember thinking that a new truck was better than a new red-head. So, what's this motorcycle all about? Can it be yet ANOTHER mid-life crisis? Is that possible? Well, I'll say this: I'd better be HIS favorite wife! (Of course, he's only had one wife: me)

OK, here's the story about the motorcycle. He and my son plan to do a "Long Way Around" kind of tour after the elusive offspring graduates from his elusive university life next year. They won't go as far as Ewan McGregor's and Charlie Boorman's world tour; they will probably just travel Scotland, England and France. But they want to do it on motorcycles. So they are getting some riding hours in ahead of time, making me quite nervous, as I value both of them very much. Originally, I had thought to do the tour with them, but I don't think I'm going to have time to practice enough riding to feel comfortable. So then I thought maybe my sister and I could be their support wagon, but that would be boring, just following them around. Now, I have a new idea. My sister and I could meet up with the guys every third day. Let them do their riding and camping out thing and we could do the tourist thing. We'll see what happens as they start finalizing their plans.

I can't believe I embedded two URL sites in this post. Cool.

3 comments:

A Girl From Texas said...

I am soooo impressed that you imbedded URL's in your post....


Something is developing over here in Houston for me.....

can anyone say Buon Giorno

SunWolf said...

I even added John's blog under my Blog Crawl! I'm just getting so good at this! Ha! Yeah, right.
So what's developing there?

A Girl From Texas said...

Ro wants to go to Italy in June and is really pushing me to take a week off to go with her...... I'm so torn. It's not the money but the time away from my business that is eating at me.