Saturday, May 24, 2008

I Dreamed of Ziggy Last Night

Last night, I dreamed that Ziggy came home to us. In the dream, I didn't know where he had been, but I was so happy to see him. I was worried that he wouldn't like Kira, that he would be jealous, and perhaps attack her. But he didn't. He was fine with her, and she was fine with him. The cats were not in this dream. Both of the dogs came to me as I sat on the sofa, Ziggy with his big beautiful expressive eyes, and Kira standing tall with her long fur and paddle feet. I remember thinking how nice it was to have them both there, and wondering how on earth our house would handle TWO German Shepherd dogs. And then I woke up.

Sure enough, Ziggy is still gone. But Kira is still here. There's only one German Shepherd dog in this house. Tonight, she was so content to sleep on her bed in the living room with us, while we ate our dinner and watched Ramsey's Nightmare Kitchens on the BBCAmerica channel. We love that potty-mouthed Ramsey.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I had a dream about Ziggy the other night; I still can't believe he's gone.

Also, Gordon Ramsay was almost Lord Rector of my university. I voted for him. :P

I'll try to call tonight.

A Girl From Texas said...

You blogging fool you! That sounded like a sweet dream. You should add "Ziggy" to the cast of characters. Perhaps add a sub-list of Characters "in Memory" sort of.

That will open the door for you to write about the ones of the past, like Sadie and Toby and Rocky..... And Fred (the Gerbil) and Spooky the kitty..... :)

whatever you decide, Ziggy definitely should be a part of the list.

SunWolf said...

It shall be done! A sort of "alumni" cast of characters. I like it!