Friday, May 9, 2008

Slight Setback

This is my day to work from home. All was well for the morning, but I decided to go out at 12:30 to check out a new needlepoint store not far from me and pick up lunch, too. Thank goodness I put Kira and the cats in the family room. When I got back, there was a familiar aroma, one I had hoped not to smell any more. Yep, she did the deed. In the family room. On the tile. She pooped AND peed. And the pee soaked the bottom of a box, one of about 10 I have piled in the room waiting for me to finish going through the old papers. One of the disadvantages of being a lawyer is that you never want to throw anything away. It's an affliction they give you when you go to law school. Or you get it when you see what happens when people don't have necessary documents -- even a simple 2-inch by 2-inch piece of paper that shows you paid off a $7000 loan, which is from my own experience, of course, and a whole story on its own.

Anyway, I spent an hour cleaning the floor, and emptied the contents of the box; yikes, they were photos! Combined the photos into another box. I did all this without showing any anger or impatience, but with a real air of martyrdom. And Kira knew. She has been very subdued.

So, I'm going to knock off work now and go through papers. I have a vanilla candle burning to help get rid of that lovely stinky odor. I wonder why she didn't do it outside. Maybe it's because we have had solid rain for a day. Maybe she didn't want to stand out in the rain and do it.

3 comments:

A Girl From Texas said...

Hmmm, Kim's dogs don't like doing it in the rain. On rainy days if she isn't on top of them, they'll go inside.

Did Karen say anything about Kira's reaction to rain?

Margo said...

Yuk! Poor thing though. Bailey hates going outside in the rain and won't go unless hubby and I stand out there with her. We can't stand out there with an umbrella because she doesn't like the sound of rain hitting the umbrella. I just put on a hooded windbreaker and we try to find her a good spot. Hope Kira's doing better today and your room smells better!

SunWolf said...

Hi guys,
Kira does not seem to be afraid of the rain after all. In fact, she is perfectly willing to play in the rain. She will even lie down in the grass while it's raining. She must be a Scot at heart! (Scots love the rain, of course!) I don't know what caused it...but it does get a little frustrating. Still, I'm managing to be very patient with her. She really is a sweetheart.