Thursday, August 21, 2008

Back In The Saddle Again

I had a rather rough week...no, make that TWO weeks. Yes, I enjoyed the Olympics, especially Michael Phelps' sweep of gold medals. And the gymnastics. Beach Volleyball. Basketball! Track and Field. Diving...hey I could go on, but you get the idea.

I used the Olympics to try to bring myself into a state of relaxation during the two weeks I worked on a particularly difficult case. I worked on my days off, in the evenings, and on weekend days (sometimes at the office and sometimes at home). But in the end, it was a good thing. The case has been resolved. Settled. It was a hard-won settlement. But we did it. My co-counsel is a true gentleman, with a silver tongue. I'm a bit bullheaded when it comes to trying to do the right thing. It's the red hair. We actually made a really good team, me with the quick snap-backs, and him smoothing everything over. At one point, I told him I really liked this "good cop, bad cop" thing we had going. He says "And we can reverse roles now and then if you want." "Sure!" I said "I'd like to be the bad cop every once in a while, too!"

Of course, I was the bad cop, something I have never really done before. Normally, I'm the sweet southern-style lady, winning 'em over with a smile and sweet voice. But for some reason, this time, I just got angry with the outrageous behavior of our opponents. In the end, we settled. And we got everything we wanted. But it wasn't easy. Still, it was worth all the work.

So, I'm trying to get back to normal. Back to blogging. I have the piano tuner coming over tomorrow, and I'm looking forward to some music. I plan to do absolutely NOTHING tomorrow. Well, obviously, I'll get up and have breakfast. I'll do that. And I'll probably turn on the TV to watch the basketball game. I'll do that, too. But I have no set plans. Finally! A real day off.

2 comments:

A Girl From Texas said...

So are you having Olympic withdrawals?

SunWolf said...

Yes, it's awful. Now I have no excuse for not getting things done...maybe I can use the Democratic Convention as an excuse now?