Monday, August 4, 2008

Red Letter Weekend

The elusive offspring called Friday, Saturday and Sunday. If I didn't know that he was calling to make sure he didn't miss wishing me happy BD (yes, I'm a Leo), I'd have worried that something was wrong. It's great to see how stimulated he is working in the Physics department. If you want to know exactly what he is doing...well, I can't say. Not that it's secret. It's just that I don't understand it. Something about one substance acting as both a conductor and an insulator depending on temperature. Is this what "superconductivity" is all about? He says all he needs is a pen and paper to do his job. He's doing mathematics and theoretical physics and all that interesting stuff. Interesting stuff to physicists like the EO and his physicist flatmate, the Irish-lilting James. And interesting to my favorite husband, who took thermodynamics in college. The only thing I know about thermodyamics is that if you put a kettle of water on the gas stove and turn up the fire, you can make a nice cup of tea in about one minute. Mmmm. That sounds like a nice idea right now.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Sunwolf!! :)

Unknown said...

Owain's also working on a project this summer with another lecturer. James is whoring himself out to the Psych dept. They run experiments all summer. :P

SunWolf said...

Thanks, Bluekeys! I haven't gotten to the stage where I refuse to acknowledge BDs. I love any occasion for a celebration.

Thomas,
OH NO! I shudder to think of James in the clutches of a Psych department running experiments...I've read about those things! Ooooo, shiver! Be afraid! Be very afraid! My advice to James is to Run! Run away!

A Girl From Texas said...

Ok, I'm a loser..... I missed wishing you a happy birthday.

When you heading out to LA?