Friday, September 12, 2008

Officially Worried Now

I'm getting really worried about my family in Houston. One of my husband's sisters lives in Galveston with her husband and a menagerie of animals. They won't leave because of the animals. I think they should just pack all the damned animals into their truck and leave. Worry later. Go. Just go. Now. This is going to be really bad for Galveston. The west part of the island is already flooded and the surge hasn't gotten there yet. The surge is projected to be 20-30 feet depending on location.

My sister (Girl From Texas) is probably going to be ok, but I am worried about her, too. I can no longer call anyone there using my cellphone because there is too much cell traffic now.

I'm worried about my mom and brother because of their proximity to the San Jacinto River, which will flood when 12 inches of water fall in less than 12 hours. And the water will have no where to go (because of Ike) except into the neighborhoods, including theirs. I have the Weather Channel on, and can't get any work done. Jim Cantore has stressed that there will be record flooding from Ike. He repeated that for emphasis.

I have a bad feeling about this. A really bad feeling.

1 comment:

Margo said...

I'll be praying for your family. I do hope they leave Galveston.