Monday, September 15, 2008

Post Script to "Everyone in my Family is OK"

Finally, yesterday afternoon I talked to my brother. He and my mom are fine. They are without power and a part of their fence blew away, but they are ok. There was no water damage. My brother says he tried to reach me several times, but was unable to because of phone problems. He said at one point his cell phone died and he had to charge it in his truck. I asked if he had tried using Mom’s cellphone. No, it wasn’t charged. It wasn’t charged? Why not? She never uses it, so they didn’t bother to charge it.

See what I mean? Dumb and dumber…

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear all is well with your family after the storm. I don't know anyone down there, but it looks like a mess on the news.

PS - I presume "Dumb and Dumber" aren't regular readers of your blog!

SunWolf said...

Oh my gosh, I hope they never find my blog! I really love them, but they are both very frustrating to me! (And to my my sister, too.) I will be very careful in the future.

A Girl From Texas said...

Dumb and Dumber wouldn't be able to figure out how to find it. Dumb would be afraid he would get a virus from reading blogs and Dumber would wonder if Sunwolfie was about an American Indian and what did it have to do with Hurricane Ike...

Dumb was at least smart enough to take her with him to Jacksonville (Texas) for work. They are in a hotel with power, water and food.

I have to say that one of the reasons I was not worried about them is because they do have neighbors that they know. The communities pull together. So they weren't alone.

I was alone here during the storm but I never felt like I was alone in the world. I knew that people cared about me and it made all the difference for me to get through it. It was more difficult for you and Clovis, then is was for me. He kept telling me I was really pissing him off for not leaving. I was touched because I have never seen him express those feelings to me before.

Margo said...

So, so glad to hear that your family is okay!! We're still waiting to get power at home and get shingles replaced on our roof. Luckily for us, that's it for the damage.

A Girl From Texas said...

It looks like the two in Kingwood should have their power by Monday. John won't have his until after Monday.

Merry has her power back, which is very good.

Houston is beginning to feel normal again.