Thursday, October 9, 2008

The Elusive Offspring's New Toy, and a Trip to LA

Following in his father's footsteps, the Elusive Offspring has a new toy...a 1989 Honda CBR 600 F-K (I like that last label). Fortunately, his dad's bike has more power...but not too much. H has a 650 Honda Nighthawk. Clearly, I am too generous with these two (hehe). Anyway, here is the bearded elusive one with the new acquisition on the streets of St Andrews:



I am leaving for LA tomorrow to visit my best friend, Tracy. I will be in gorgeous Marina del Ray for one glorious week. I will TRY not to think of politics, or my office (I busted my behind to finish drafting a filing today, which I will have to file the day I return to the office). But next week will be a true vacation. We are going to walk, shop, swim, eat healthy meals in and fancy meals out, drink wine both in and out, hang out in the hot tub, see movies, visit Catalina Island or Santa Barbara for one day, and generally pretend for one week that we are wealthy. I'm not going to think of the economic crisis because this is trip a great bargain... my airline ticket cost me only $5 because I cashed in my frequent flyer miles with the thought that the airline company may ultimately discontinue those in the wake of the economic crisis. I am staying at Tracy's place, so I don't have to pay for a hotel. And I'm not even taking annual leave, because Monday is a holiday, Friday is my regular day off, and Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday I am using my three TOAs, or (Time Off (for good behavior) Awards). I am feeling very smug.

I am taking a stunning stitching project and my paints, for those times when Tracy is working on her scripts or meeting with A&E or ABC or one of the other major production companies...and she does, indeed, have several meetings scheduled for next week. Go Tracy!

Tracy will let me use her computer from time to time, so I may be able to keep up with my blogosphere...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Should I point these stats pages out...? Sure why not.

Mine: http://motoprofi.com/motospecspictures/honda/cbr_600_f-1989.html

Dad's:
http://motoprofi.com/motospecspictures/honda/cx_650_e-1984.html

A lot happened in five years...

A Girl From Texas said...

Ok, i have to say that the EO looks really hot with his bike.


... is it ok for an aunt to say that about her nephew?