Friday, March 21, 2008

Answer to the "pompatus" question

OK, so EO kindly did the research and enlightened us as to "pompitus" or "pompatus" or whatever that super toker Maurice was talking about. By the way, EO means "elusive offspring," which I started calling my son when he became ... well ... elusive. University life causes elusiveness. It's good to know he keeps up with the goings on at home by reading my dog blog.

And the answer to my burning question was that "pompatus" is just a word made up by Steve Miller. OK, now that just plain makes me sad. It's like Rod Stewart's "Maggie May"...when he says "Wake up, Maggie, I think I got something to say to you...it's late September and I really should be back at school." All these years, I thought he had actually skipped some weeks of school for Maggie May. THAT meant something! But, if you know the UK school system, they don't even START school until the end of September. I learned that a few years ago when EO started his elusive life at university in the UK. Heck! That love-sick Rod Stewart probably wasn't even late for matriculation!

"Maggie May" never meant the same to me after I figured it out. All these years. So sad. So sad.

1 comment:

A Girl From Texas said...

Yet another one of life's many enigmas solved....alas, I can sleep now. :)