Saturday, March 22, 2008

Emotional roller coaster

We have not heard from the German Shepherd Rescue for two days, not since the home visit on Wednesday evening. Every day until then, someone had called or e-mailed to keep the process going. It was a whirlwind process, getting the application in, having them call our references, our vet, making sure everyone's shots were up to date, the house visit, assurances that we were approved and recommended. Then wham! Brick wall. H says he feels like a "rejected suitor." So I decided to e-mail the intake officer this morning, told her all of the above, and asked her if she knew what was going on. I also mentioned what H said. I got an e-mail back saying that she hadn't been aware that we'd had our house visit and that she would look into it and get back to me later today. I just wish I knew what person I should be contacting at the German Shepherd Rescue. We have talked to so many people, two Sues, a Debbie, a Lea, a Jackie, and one other person whose name I can't recall. Also, Kira's owner. We think Karen must be having the same anxieties as we are. I have friends who are trying to adopt a child from China, and I keep telling myself the anquish must be exponentially worse for them.

In the meantime, I have been working on an entry about what I call "cave dogging." I'm going to finish that and post it.

No comments: